With this recipe you will be able to cook up a delicious bowl of lentil soup in no time. I had planned to share this recipe as part of a series in which I share 4 other quick and simple recipes which can be made in less than 15 minutes. With this whole pandemic going on, I hesitated whether this is the right timing to share these recipes with you. After all many of us are at home and have more time on our hands than usual. But for those who want to try something new, or perhaps have stocked up on canned beans and peas, I hope that this recipe gives you some new ideas.
Hoping everything goes back to normal soon, but in the meantime, stay safe!
- 1 Can of precooked lentils (400g)
- 500 ml Water
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 or 2 Bullion cubes
- 1 Teaspoon (Coconut) oil
- Half a Leek
- Cut leek into rings and cut the carrot and onion into cubes.
- Heat coconut oil over a medium heat and cook the onions for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add leek and cook it with the onions for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the bouillon cubes and water and carrots and cook it for another 2 minutes.
- Drain and wash the lentils and add it to the soup.
- Cook until the vegetables reach your desired tenderness
To speed up the cooking process, put the lid on the pot while the soup is cooking.
Another way to speed up the cooking process is to use hot or boiling hot water.
Please be aware that this page contains affiliate links and any purchases made trough such links will result in a small commission for me at no extra cost for you.