Carrot cupcakes are sweet little delights of pleasure. This recipe is one which I always fall back on. This recipe produces a rich, tasty and absolutely delicious carrot cupcakes. Instead of cupcakes you can use the same ingredients and procedure to make a carrot cake.
- 150g Flour (1 Cup)
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 85g Butter (at room temperature)
- 125g Sugar (approximately 2/3 Cup)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 4 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts
- 1 Cup Grated Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Sift the flour and to the sifted flour add baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder and shredded coconut. Whisk it and set it aside.
- In a different bowl add the sugar to the butter. Cream the butter and the sugar.
- Add the eggs one by one and add the vanilla extract, lemon juice and milk and mix it.
- Add the flour and mix it by hand, with a kitchen machine or with a hand mixer, mix it until everything is well combined.
- Add the the lemon zest, the (crushed) walnuts and grated carrots and mix the batter.
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners and fill the cups with batter.
- Bake the cupcakes in a preheated oven of 200 °C (400 °F ) for 20 - 25 minutes.
- In the mean time mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar and put it in a piping bag.
- Pipe the cooled down cupcakes with the cream cheese frosting and decorate with grated carrots or walnuts.