Creamy Tomato Soup
- 1 Can canned tomatoes
- 500ml Chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 Teaspoon chilli flakes or powder
- 1/4 Cup Heavy cream* optional
- 1-2 Sprigs Rosemary
- 1 Onion
- 1 Thyme sprig (to garnish)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Cut the onions into cubes and mince the garlic. in a pan melt the butter over a medium fire, add the onions and garlic. Cook it for about 1 -2 minutes.
- Add the chicken or vegetable stock, canned tomatoes, chilli, rosemary and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook it for 20 minutes over a low fire. After 20 minutes remove the rosemary.
- Use either a blender or an immersion blender to puree the soup.
- For a smooth soup strain it using a sieve.
- Finally add the soup by heavy cream.
Please be aware that this page contains affiliate links and any purchases made trough such links will result in a small commission for me at no extra cost for you.