Because of its red colour, this beans stew sometimes is referred to as red red. It is fairly simple to make and it does not require allot of cooking time. Pair this with fried ripe plantain and you have a match made in heaven ❤
- 2 Cups Cooked black eyed beans (1 Cup dried beans)
- 3/4 Cup Red palm oil
- 1 Tin Canned Tomatoes (400 gr.)
- 2 Onions
- 1 TeaspoonSalt
- 1 Teaspoon Curry powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 - 1/2 Scotch bonnet
- 1 Magi cube
- Salted fish
- Start with warming the red palm oil in a pan over a medium fire. When the oil is hot add the onions. Cook the onions for about 2 - 3 minutes over a medium fire.
- Add the salted fish (this is optional). Cook the onions and fish for about 3 to 5 minutes
- Puree the tomatoes together with the scotch bonnet. Add it to the palm oil.
- Add the spices and let it cook for about 6 -7 minutes.
- Add the cooked and strained beans. If you want it to have a more mushier texture you can use your spoon to mash the beans a bit.
Please be aware that this page contains affiliate links and any purchases made trough such links will result in a small commission for me at no extra cost for you.