This Ghanaian egg stew is very simple to make and it doesn’t take allot of time to prepare. Without much effort you can whip up a stew which goes with many different foods such as rice, potatoes or yam.
- 3/4 Cup (Vegetable) Oil
- 1 Can Plum tomatoes (400g)
- 2 Teaspoons Curry spice mix
- 1 Teaspoon powdered bird eye pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1/4 Cup Tomato paste
- 3 Eggs
- Cut the onions lengthwise and heat the oil over a medium fire. Fry the onions for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking blend the tomatoes and garlic into a smooth puree.
- Add the powdered pepper to the onions, give it a mix and cook it for another minute.
- Add the tomato paste, mix it and cook it for an additional 3 minutes over a medium fire
- Add the blended tomatoes and garlic to the cooked onions, also add salt and 1 teaspoon of curry spices. Mix it and cook it for about 5 minutes over medium fire.
- While the stew is cooking, in a separate bowl, break the eggs and add 1 teaspoon of curry spices, and whisk it.
- Add the whisked eggs to the stew and allow it to cook anywhere from 2 to 4 minutes without stirring it. After that stir the stew to break up the egg.
- Taste and add more salt and spices if needed.
- Allowed the stew to simmer over low heat for an additional 4 minutes.
Please be aware that this page contains affiliate links and any purchases made trough such links will result in a small commission for me at no extra cost for you.