Pumpkin is a great winter vegetable full of flavour and vitamins. This soup is guaranteed to be a success! It is creamy, delicious and full of flavour.
- 1 Small Pumpkin
- 1l. Chicken or vegetable stock
- 200 ml Water
- 50 gr. Ginger
- 1 Fresh pepper
- 2 Chopped onions
- 2 Tablespoons Curry powder
- Salt to taste
- 1. On a medium fire heat water, add the chopped onions. Add two tablespoons of curry powder and cook the onions until their soft
- 2. Cut the pumpkin into cubes and add it to the onions, add the chicken or vegetable stock and a few slices of fresh ginger.
- 3. Let the pumpkin cook until it becomes tender.
- 4. Puree the vegetables using either a hand blender or a regular blender. (When using a blender make sure to uncover the lid so that the steam can escape)
Complete the soup with thyme or rosemary, this soup also goes well with coconut cream!