Banana bread is a classic, and this spelt banana bread recipe is a spin on the traditional banana bread. Because of the spelt flour, this bread is packed with nutrients and with the lack of butter and refined sugar it makes it a healthier option than its traditional counterpart.
- 225g Spelt Flour
- 3 Banana’s
- 80 ml Coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons Agave nectar
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon teaspoon
- 60 ml Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 eggs
- *Optional A handful of Walnuts or Raisins
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (390°F)
- In a bowl, combine spelt flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder. Mix it and set it aside
- In a different bowl mash all the banana's using a fork.
- To the mashed bananas add agave nectar, coconut oil milk and eggs. Mix until it is well combined,
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- If you are adding raisins or walnuts you can add them in now.
- Grease the loaf pan and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake it in a preheated oven for about 40 to 45 minutes.