- 110g Self-rising Flour
- 100g White Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 75g Melted Butter
- 50ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- Pinch of Salt
- 250g Fresh Strawberries
- 140g Butter
- 280g Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract*
- 10g Dried strawberries*
For the frosting:
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (338°F) and line cupcake baking tray with cupcake liners.
- Clean and cut the strawberries and set it aside
- In a bowl combine melted butter, vanilla extract, egg and milk. Whisk and set it aside.
- In a different bowl combine self-rising flour, sugar, salt and whisk it.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until mixture is well combined and smooth.
- Add strawberries and gently fold strawberries into batter.
- Use either a spoon or an ice cream scoop to scoop batter into the cupcake liners. Fill the cups half way trough.
- Bake cupcakes in a preheated oven of 170°C (338°F) for about 17-20 minutes.
- While cupcakes are baking prepare frosting and place dried strawberries in a foodprocessor and process until it forms a crumb like consistency.
- Allow cupcakes to cool down completely before frosting.
- Sprinkle dried strawberry crumbs over cupcakes.
- Place butter in a bowl and cream it. After creaming butter for approximate 2 minutes gradually add powdered sugar.
- Lastly add milk and vanilla extract.
Please be aware that this page contains affiliate links and any purchases made trough such links will result in a small commission for me at no extra cost for you.