It is not for nothing that chicken is loved by so many people. There are many different ways in which it can be prepared but one of my favourite ways of preparing chicken is baking it. Baked chicken in general is incredibly simple to make but the taste will not disappoint you. What makes this sweet soy baked chicken even better is that it can be combined with delicious rice or veggie dishes.
Give it a try and let me know how you like it 🙂
- 600 g Chicken
- 4 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons Sweet soy sauce
- 2-3 Tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2-3 Tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Chinese 5 spice powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger powder
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Powdered pepper
- Fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (390 °F)
- Wash and clean the chicken.
- Add the dried spices, the soy sauces and the lemon juice.
- Grease the oven dish with oil and put the chicken in the dish.
- Bake chicken in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and drizzle some olive oil on the chicken and add the thyme.
- Put it back in the oven and bake it for another 15 to 20 minutes.